1. PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
2.1 Your deposit of 50% of the total rental rate plus 10% Service charge and 10% Accommodation Tax must be received by us within 7 days of you reserving the Villa.
2.2 – The balance of the total rental rate plus service charge and tax plus the damage deposit must be received by us no less than 60 days prior to your arrival.
2.3 – All requests for changes in bookings and cancellations must be submitted promptly to us in writing by email only.
2.4 – A 20 per cent cancellation fee (calculated on the TOTAL rent) will be charged on all cancellations occurring 61 days or more prior to your arrival date.
2.5 – A 50 per cent cancellation fee will be charged on all cancellations made 46 to 60 days prior to your date of arrival.
2.6 – If your cancellation is made within 45 days of your arrival date, there will be no refunds made.
2.7 – There will be no refunds granted for late arrivals or premature departures but some villa owners will be happy to credit you for a future booking provided that your stay is within one year of your original booking, and no subletting to another party is permitted.
2. COVID- 19
3.1. – You will be entitled to a full refund only if the cancellation is COVID-19 related as described below:
- If your flight from your home country to the BVI is cancelled by the airline for COVID-19 related reasons.
- If the Government of the British Virgin Islands won’t allow you to enter the BVI for COVID-19 related reasons.
- If the US CDC/UK FCO or equivalent government body has issued a level 3 or higher warning for the BVI, advising people not to travel to the Territory.
3.2. – You agree to abide by any COVID-19 protocols published and put in place by the BVI Government at all times whilst you are visiting the BVI.
3.3. – BVI Government COVID-19 protocols are subject to change. The Property Manager will make all reasonable efforts to keep you informed of the relevant protocols for the period you will be visiting the BVI.
3.4. – You agree to take full financial responsibility for any expenses incurred by you as a result of your compliance and/or non-compliance with BVI Government COVID-19 protocols.
3.5 – The BVI Government COVID-19 protocols in place at the time of you entering into this Agreement are attached as Appendix 1.
3. TRAVEL INSURANCE
4.1 – It is strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance which also provides cover for COVID-19 related expenses.
4. ENTERTAINING AND ADDITIONAL GUESTS
- No parties or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance written permission from the Owner or Property Manager.
- If a guest is found to have had a group gathering for more persons than stated on this Agreement and/or without advance permission by the Owner or Property Manager, he/she is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit.
- Any extra guests staying overnight, other than those stated on this rental agreement must be approved by the Owner or Property Manager in writing and will be charged an additional per/ person nightly fee.
- Please contact the Property Manager for consent to other guests visiting the Property during the day.
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT
- Your damage deposit is fully refundable within 30 days of your departure, provided there is no breakage, damage, missing items, no additional cleaning for villas left abnormally dirty, long-distance calls charged to the villa’s telephone, and no other outstanding charges incurred before, during or after your stay.
- All normal utilities (except for long-distance phone calls or careless or extremely excessive use of your villa’s water supply) are included in your rental price.
- You hereby agree to pay to us, on behalf of the Owner of your villa, the cleaning or replacement costs for all damages to the Villa or its contents.
- Locked pantries and closets are reserved for the use of the villa owner and are not included in this rental.
- You agree to take all reasonable steps to ensure that your family and other guests in your party adhere to the rules and regulations governing your use of the villa.
- All villas are privately owned, so decor, colors and inventories will vary. All villas are fully furnished, including an ample supply of bed linens and towels for guests’ use.
- Rearranging the furniture or removing any items from the villa is prohibited.
7.1 The (B.V.I.) Villa Rental Company Ltd is acting hereunder as agent for the Owner, and assumes no liability for property loss or damages, nor liability for injury, accidents, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defects or the acts of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers to or from the villa.
7.2 Transportation, such as and including but not limited to airlines, ferries, charter vessels, rental cars and taxis, is supplied by third party providers who operate independently of The (B.V.I.) Villa Rental Company Ltd. We assume no responsibility, therefore, for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property because of the acts of those providers.
7.3 Guests are responsible for the Villa during occupancy and, where physically possible, must lock the Villa’s windows and doors securely at all times when not on the premises.
7.4 The (B.V.I.) Villa Rental Company Ltd, or any of its officers, agents or employees are not liable for any negligence, personal injury, loss or damage to personal property that may be attributable to the Owner. The Owner is not liable for any loss or damage to property.
8.1 Guests are advised to pay particular attention to children who may be in their party so as to avoid injury or harm as some rental locations have high balconies etc. that can pose problems to unsupervised minors.
8.2 The (B.V.I.) Villa Rental Company Ltd, or any of its officers, agents or employees are not liable for any personal injury occasioned to children as a result of the negligence of either, the child, the Guest, or the Owner.
9.1 No pets of any kind are allowed in or on the villa’s premises without the specific written permission of the Property Manager or Owner.
9.2 A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises will be cause for immediate eviction, and forfeiture of your entire rent and deposit.
9. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE
10.1 Every effort is made to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, the Owner or Property Manager of the villa will cause the problem to be repaired as soon as possible after being notified. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc.
10.2 You agree to report any problems or damage to the Property Manager immediately.
10. ACCESS TO THE VILLA
11.1 Managers, employees or agents of the Owner or Property Manager may enter your villa to perform any repairs as necessary.
11.2 If the Villa is on the market for sale, we reserve the right to allow the Villa to be shown, but only by advance appointment made with you. We will make every effort to schedule such brief showings at a time convenient to you, to respect your privacy, and not interrupt your stay.